/WMTC 2017
WMTC 2017 2017-08-22T07:16:01+00:00

World Mathematics Team Championship 2017 (Thailand)

Dear SASMO 2017, Grade 5,6, 8 and 9 Gold and Silver Winners from Indonesia,

Congratulations on your outstanding results obtained in SASMO 2017.

You are invited to join Indonesia Team to compete in the finals of the 2017 World Mathematics Team Championship (WMTC) to be held on November 9 to 13, 2017 in Bangkok, Thailand.

WMTC 2017 (http://wmtc.international/) is an international TEAM (each team 6 students) mathematics contest with students from Bulgaria, Canada, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, South Korea, United States, Thailand and Vietnam. This is the 7th year of this team-oriented international math competition.

SASMO Indonesia brought 2 teams to WMTC 2016 in South Korea. Both teams won the highest team awards in Team Division and Gold, Silver and Bronze in Individual category. Read More>>

Eligibility

Junior Team (6 members) – Grade 5 and  6 Gold or Silver SASMO 2017 Winner. A student must be born on or after 2005.

Intermediate Team (6 members) –  Grade 8 and 9 Gold or Silver SASMO 2017 Winner. A student must be born on or after 2002.

Price

Contest fee including travel package and training is

9 000 000 Rupiah per student

8 000 000 Rupiah per accompanying person

The price above excludes air tickets. Students/Parents/Teachers must purchase the roundtrip tickets on their own.

Team Awards:    

In each level, the top 30% of the teams are ranked and get trophies and each of the team members gets a certificate. The other 70% of the teams get participation awards.

Individual Awards:    

In each level, the top 10% scoring individuals get gold medals, the next 20% scoring individuals get silver medals, the next 30% scoring individuals get bronze medals, and the next 40% scoring individuals get merit medals. Each individual gets a corresponding certificate. Individuals are also ranked by scores and the top three scoring individuals in each division get special trophies and scholarships to honor their rankings.

Relay Round Awards:       

In each level, the team that has the highest total Relay Round score receives a scholarship for the entire team. In case of a tie, the total Team Round score and then the total Individual Round score break the tie.

November 9    

All Day: Airport Arrival Pickups/Registration

November 10  

9:00 am – 12:00-noon Individual/Relay/Team Rounds
12:00 noon – 1:30 pm Lunch/Grading
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm Group Photos/Gift Exchanges
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm Leave for Chao Phraya River Cruise
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm Chao Phraya River Cruise and Dinner
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Shopping at Asiatique the Riverfront
November 11    

All Day: Safari World
November 12    

All Day: Bangkok Sightseeing
4:00 pm – 9:00 pm Award Ceremony, Performances, and Gala Dinner
10:00 pm – 11:00 pm Organizing Committee Meeting
November 13      

Breakfast in hotel
Transfer to Airport for Departure

Registration Rules

Registration is on first-come first-served basis. Once 6 students registered for each Junior and Intermediate Team, the registration will be closed.

Students must attend compulsory training on September 30 and October 1 (Saturday, Sunday) in Jakarta. Training is FREE of charge.

To register,

please email to admin@sasmo.id